Expertise on both synthetic and materials chemistry for designing novel materials for energy applications ranging for battery to photo-voltaic devices, OLEDs and drug delivery. Research potential lies on synthesis, functionalization and conjunction of both nano- and polymeric materials using tenets of green chemistry.
- Eco-friendly halogen-free flame retardant cardanol polyphosphazene polybenzoxazine networks, Nagarjuna Amarnath, Divambal Appavoo, Bimlesh Lochab, International Conference on Advances in Polymer Science & Technology, 23-25 November, APA 2017, New Delhi, organized by IITD and CIPET. (poster)
- Shivani Sharma, B. Lochab: Coumarin based self healing polybenzoxazine networks, International conference on Advancing green chemistry : Building a sustainable tomorrow, 3-4th October 2017, University of Delhi. (poster)
- Best Oral Presentation Award, Nisha Yadav and B. Lochab: Synthesis of smart nano-vehicle and its application in gene delivery, National conference, Biogenesis- V, Insights and innovations in Biotechnology, 2-3 Aug, 2017, Greater Noida.
- Monisha, S. Shukla, A. Ghosh, S. Mitra and B. Lochab: Waste derived Li-S battery cathode materials, 21st CRSI National Symposium in Chemistry (NSC-21) and the 1st CRSI-American Chemical Society (ACS) Joint Symposium, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Hyderabad, July 13-16, 2017. (poster)
- B. Lochab, “High performance cardanol based sustainable copolymers as cathodic materials for Li-S batteries”, International Conference on Lithium sulphur energy storage devices Advanced Rechargeable Batteries and allied Materials (Li-SM3), 26-27 April, 2017.
- B. Lochab, Swapnil Shukla, Arnab Ghosh, Sagar Mitra, “Waste derived Li-S battery Cathode Materials”, International Conference on Advanced Rechargeable Batteries and allied Materials (ICARBM-2017), Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (CMET), 8-10th March 2017, Pune, Maharashtra, India.(Poster)
- Invited lecture, “International Conference on Advance materials for power engineering (ICAMPE) 2016”, 10-13th Nov 2016”, Mahatama Gandhi University, Kerala, India.
- Plenary lecture, “Biopolymers & Green Composites- BPGC 2016– 4th in series, on 29th & 30th September 2016 at Hotel Beaumonde The Fern, Ernakulam South, Cochi, Kerala.
- Poster, NPL-RSC Symposium on Advanced Nanomaterials for Energy, 7th Oct 2016
- Oral lecture, National conference, “Combating Industrial Pollution For Sustainable Environment – A Fusion Of Industrial and Scientific Efforts” (CIPSE - 2016 ), 22-23rd September, Gargi College, University of Delhi.
- Invited talk, Renewable phenols: Sustainable feedstock for polymers, Gautam Budha University, 17 Mar 2016.
- Swapnil Shukla, Arnab Ghosh, Sagar Mitra, Bimlesh Lochab, Inverse vulcanization polymer composites via sustainable route for Li-S battery, International Conference on Advances of Energy Research, ICAER 2016, IIT Bombay.
- B. Lochab, Oral presentation, “Cardanol – Sustainable Source for Futuristic Applications”, RSC workshop on "Chemistry for tomorrow's World, 2-3 Dec 2015 at Hotel Maidens, New Delhi".
- S. Shukla, B. Lochab, Poster presentation, “Role of Higher Functionalities in Cardanol based Benzoxazines”, RSC workshop on "Chemistry for tomorrow's World, 2-3 Dec 2015 at Hotel Maidens, New Delhi".
- Pratibha Sharma, Bimlesh Lochab, Devendra Kumar, Prasun Kumar Roy, Sustainable bis-benzoxazines derived from cardanol and recycled Poly(ethylene terephthalate), Macro 2015.
- Swapnil Shukla, Arnab Ghosh, Prasun Kumar Roy, Sagar Mitra, B. Lochab, Inverse vulcanization polymer composites via sustainable route for Li-S battery, Macro 2015, International symposium on polymer science and technology, IACS, Calcutta, India, Jan 2015.
- Bimlesh Lochab, Swapnil Shukla, and Indra K. Varma, Cardanol based benzoxazine polymers: Structure property correlation, 246th American Chemical Society Conference (ACS), Indianapolis, USA, 9-12th Sep 2013.
- Bimlesh Lochab, Indra K. Varma and Jayashree Bijwe, Sustainable polymers derived from naturally occurring materials, World Congress on Engineering and Technology, Beijing China, 26-28th Oct, 2012.
- Bimlesh Lochab, “Organics in Solar Cells”, WAMFER-2012, Indo-German Workshop on Advanced Materials for Future Energy Requirements, University of Delhi, Delhi, India, 29th -1st Dec, 2012.
- Bimlesh Lochab, Indra K. Varma and Jayashree Bijwe, “Benzoxazines: A Step towards Renewable Polymers”, 6th International Symposium on Macro- and Supramolecular Architectures and Materials (MAM-12): Nanosystems and Applications, Coimbatore, India 21-25th Nov, 2012.
- Bimlesh Lochab, Indra K. Varma and Jayashree Bijwe, “Sustainable Polymers derived from Naturally Occurring Materials”, World Congress on Engineering and Technology, CET 2012, Beijing, China, 26-28th October 2012.
- Bimlesh Lochab, D. S. Varma, Polymers: Safety in Sustainable development”, Institute of Engineers, India (IEI), Hotel Le Meridian, Delhi, India, Aug 2012.
- B. Lochab, “Applications of Nanotechnology: A Reality”, Maitreyi College, University of Delhi, Invited Lecture, Aug 2011.
- E.A. Thomsen, D. J. Keeble, B. Lochab, P.L. Burn, and I.D.W. Samuel, The 40th Annual International Meeting of the Electron Spin Resonance group of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Poster presented "Electron paramagnetic resonance of photoinduced charge separation in poly(1,4-phenylenevinylene) derivative polymers", 25-29 March 2007, New College, Oxford, UK.
- E.A. Thomsen, D. J. Keeble, B. Lochab, P.L. Burn, and I.D.W. Samuel, 39th Annual International Meeting of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Advanced Techniques and Applications of EPR, “Paramagnetic centres in novel poly(1,4-phenylenevinylene) derivatives”, 2nd –5th April 2006, University of Edinburgh, UK.
- Lochab B., Burn P. L., Barkhouse A., Assender H., Lewis A., Samuel I., Poster presented on Charge Separation Polymers: Novel Photovoltaic Materials, 31st July-4th Aug 2005, International Conference on Optics & Photonics (SPIE 50th Anniversary), San Diego, California, USA.
- Lochab B. and Burn P. L., Poster presented on Organics for Photovoltaic Applications, 29th Sep. 2004, Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, UK.
- Lochab B. and Varma I. K., Novel Matrix resins for Composites Based on Dendritic Polyesters, POLYCHAR-9, 8th-12th Jan 2001, Denton, Texas, USA.
International Travel Grant from DST to attend conference in London, UK, Li-SM3 conference on energy storage devices to give oral presentation 2017
Newspaper cited B. Lochab, Green Chemistry in Hindustan Magazine, Uttar Pradesh, Feb 2017
Plenary lecture, “Biopolymers & Green Composites- BPGC 2016– 4th in series, on 29th -30th September 2016 at Hotel Beaumonde The Fern, Ernakulam South, Cochi, Kerala
Invited (short) lecture, “53rd ACC 2016- Organic and Biochemistry section”, 27-29th Dec 2016, Indian Chemical Society, Gitam University, Visakhapatnam, India
Invited for Chairing session in American Chemical Society ACS, Green Benzoxazine monomers and polymers, 2013
International Travel Grant from DST, 2012
Invited Speaker, Institute of Engineers India, Safety Convention 2012 (Best Speaker Appreciation)
Inaugurating the activities of the Chemical Society ' Rasgandhayan', Gargi College and delivered invited talk, September 7, 2012.
Young Scientist Award, Department of Science & Technology (DST), 2009
C. R. Barber Trust Fellowship, UK, 2005
Felix Scholarship, UK, 2002-2005
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (UGC-NET–JRF), 1999
MCM Scholarship holder during M. Sc. (1997-1999)
Certificate of Merit for standing 1st in B. Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry, University of Delhi, 1997
Radha Sai Ram Memorial prize, Best Student in Chemistry, B. Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry, 1995