The Undergraduate Chemistry curriculum at Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR is divided into three stages:
- Introductory general chemistry
- Foundation courses providing breadth across sub-disciplines
- Rigorous in-depth courses for Chemistry Majors that build upon these foundations and develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Laboratory Experience: The chemistry laboratory experience at Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR includes:
- Synthesis of molecules
- Measurement of chemical properties, structures, and phenomena
- Hands-on experience with modern analytical instrumentation
- Computational data analysis and modelling
Problem-Solving Skills: As a part of the Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR experience, students are expected to (i) develop the ability to define problems, (ii) develop testable hypotheses, (iii) design and execute experiments, (iv) analyze data using statistical methods, and (v) draw appropriate conclusions
Undergraduate Research: Research activities are not confined to the post-graduate level, but are integrated into the undergraduate program at Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR through our Research Experiential & Applied Learning (REAL) courses.
Undergraduate research allows students to integrate and reinforce chemistry knowledge from their formal course work, develop their scientific and professional skills, and create new scientific knowledge.
Original research culminating in a comprehensive written report provides an effective means for integrating undergraduate learning experiences and allows students to participate directly in the process of science.